Tuesday, December 25, 2007

4 versions of "I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus"

I will rapidly try to share a few more Christmas-songs before the Christmas ends. Last year I shared different versions of the same song, and today I give you different old and new versions of "I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus".

* My first choice is a classic recording from 1953 with Margret Bienert . I have a few copies, all pretty worn out. They must have a sold a lot of these, and people must have liked it.

* Lisbeth Bodin was a child actriss and could sing with a childs voice even when she grew older. She appeared in a radio show during the 40ties with American songs, sometimes with Swedish lyrics. My favourite from her production is a song called "There's a cowboy rolling down Kungsgatan" - you get it as a bonus, even though it has nothing with Christmas to do. (The picture at the right shows her together with Henry Lindblom.)

* Heroes is a Swedish skinheadband and their version i rather out of pitch and not very enjoyable, but maybe of some interest. The name of the album is "Easter Sucks Xmas Rules".

* Troll was a girls group that recorded the song in the 80ties. It appears on many of the Christmas collections, and most people in Sweden have heard it.

No comments: